Sunday, July 2, 2017

Today Was Not The Day

Today has been many things, but today was not the day I won the lottery. Today was not the day that I was able to call in rich to my job. Today was not the day when I was able to say to myself, I can afford to do whatever I want instead of what I need to do.

Today was not the day, I got to go out to a movie with friends. Today was not the day, I was able to take a quality nap and wake up refreshed.

Even though today was not the day for many things. Today was the day that I was able to enjoy the cool feeling of a blast of air conditioning when you open a door on a hot summer day.

Today was the day when my big decision when I first got up was should I make corned beef hash for breakfast or go out and pick something up.

Today was the day that I was able to remember that while there are many things I don't have, there are many things I have than I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment